Digital Learning And Skills Enrichment Initiative (DLSEI) By HEC!
The Digital Learning & Skills Enrichment Initiative (DLSEI) by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) with collaboration of Coursera International intends to enhance online learning and skills development among passionate students and faculty members of HEIs. This program will provide an opportunity to access the online courses and certifications from top universities of the world and get a chance to enroll themselves in the highest-ranked and most expensive online courses. This program will enhance students’ skills & abilities, and further equip them in a better way for practical life challenges, self-development, etc.
Eligibility criteria for the DLSEI program:
- All Public Sector University Students currently enrolled in 16-year education programs and above are eligible
- Faculty members of Public Sector Universities are also eligible
- The applicant must have a valid CNIC/ B-form number
- Alumni who have graduated within the past 2 years of the launch date (September 9, 2021) of this Coursera Program.
Unlimited courses on a single license:
Learners can attempt/register as many courses as possible within the 1 year of license activation.
Registration and Selection criteria:
- Registration will be on a first come first served basis within each University’s stipulated quota. DLSEI Form - Click to download
- All eligible students are encouraged to apply through focal person to get nominated on a first come first served basis. The University will send nominations to HEC for registration. (Please do so at the earliest as positions fill up quickly)
- Please visit https://dlsei.hec.gov.pk for further details and list of courses. After registration and payment through the University, students/faculty members will be sent an email containing the invitation link for the program from Coursera. They will be required to create an account on Coursera to join the Program and to start enrolling in courses.
1) Public Sector University Students/ Faculty
- Each learner will have to submit Rs.4000 to their University Focal Person as per policy.
- This will be reimbursed (100%) to the learner, subject to successful completion/certification of at least three (03) courses.
- If the learner fails to complete at least three courses, then his/her fee will be forfeited and deposited in the HEC account.
- Note: Coursera License is available free of cost for eligible physically challenged/ differently-abled students (of Public Sector Universities only) at a 2% quota for each University. (Government-issued disability certificate is required to be eligible)
- Alumni will be required to pay the full amount of Rs. 8000 for the license. A challan form will be downloaded from the registration portal and paid in the listed bank accounts on the challan form. Submit the challan form in the portal and after verification permission will be given to access the Courses from the Coursera portal. Verified students will be required to upload a final transcript from their university and receipt of Rs.8000 after which they will be given an invitation link.
For Further Details contact Focal person of UoT :
Engr. Amad Hamza
Email : email@example.com