The Department of Civil Engineering Technology at University of Technology (UoT) Nowshera is planned and developed along with the modern technological lines which are specifically made to form up student’s practical knowledge and technical skills in the Civil Engineering Technology program. Civil Engineering Technology is a professional engineering technology discipline that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of the physical and naturally built environment, including works like roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, sewerage systems, pipelines, and railways. The Department aims to start Master’s in Civil Engineering Technology degree program in near future.
Department of Civil Engineering Technology at University of Technology, Nowshera is currently offering state of the art Bachelors of Civil Engineering Technology program to cater the needs of national construction industry. The B.Sc. in Civil Engineering Technology Program is comprehensively designed and planned in such a way that grooms our students with the ever needed technical skills and practical knowledge. The students at Department of Civil Engineering Technology are provided with basic techniques, skills and use of modern tools and equipment to perform as Professional Civil Engineering Technologists. This will enable them to master the modern surveying methods for land measurement, construction layouts, and plan to prepare design documents which are considered as most important components of the Construction Technology
To provide quality Civil Engineering Technology education and practical training essential for undertaking professional challenges, enhancing teamwork and communication skills, providing socially acceptable and environmentally sustainable solutions through continuous life-long learning processes.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
Program Educational Objectives
PEO1: Have the knowledge and practical skills required by the industry.
PEO2: Engage in continuous pursuit of knowledge and technical expertise for sustainable practices.
PEO3: Contribute towards socio-economic development by adhering to professional obligations and ethical standards.
PEO 4: Collaborate in a team through effective communication and interpersonal skills.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
The program learning outcomes are given below:
- Technological Knowledge (SA1): An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, natural science, Engineering Technology fundamentals and Engineering Technology specialization to defined and applied Engineering Technology procedures, processes, systems or methodologies.
- Problem Analysis (SA2): An ability to Identify, formulate, research literature and analyze broadly-defined Engineering Technology problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to the discipline or area of specialization.
- Design/Development of Solutions (SA3): An ability to design solutions for broadly- defined Engineering Technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Investigation (SA4): An ability to conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage (SA5): An ability to Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern technology and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to broadly-defined Engineering Technology problems, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Technologist and Society (SA6): An ability to demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to Engineering Technology practice and solutions to broadly defined Engineering Technology problems.
- Environment and Sustainability (SA7): An ability to understand and evaluate the sustainability and impact of Engineering Technology work in the solution of broadly defined Engineering Technology problems in societal and environmental contexts.
- Ethics (SA8): Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of Engineering Technology practice
- Individual and Team Work (SA9): An ability to Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams.
- Communication (SA10): An ability to communicate effectively on broadly defined Engineering Technology activities with the Engineering Technologist community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management (SA11): An ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Engineering Technology management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member or leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Lifelong Learning (SA12): An ability to recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in specialist Engineering Technologies.