Dr. Asier Ibeas
International Advisory Board Member
University of Technology, Nowshera
Associate Professor, Telecommunications and Systems Engineering, Control Systems,
Faculty of Engineering, Campus de la UAB · 08193 Bellaterra, (Cerdanyola del Vallès) · Barcelona · Spain
Asier Ibeas was born in Bilbao, Spain, on July 7, 1977. He received his MSc degree in Applied Physics and his PhD degree in Automatic Control from the University of the Basque Country, Spain, in 2000 and 2006, respectively. He is currently Associate Professor of Control Systems at Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain.
Some Awards, Duties, Grants etc.:
Recipient of the Banco Santander Travel award for young professors three times, he is or has been a member of the editorial board of different scientific journals such as Mathematical Problems in Engineering and Journal of Applied Mathematics. He has served as chair and organizer of several conference sessions. Evaluator for some research projects in South America. Dr. Ibeas has supervised 3 students to their Dr. Degree in Control Systems and more than 50 BSc thesis. He has participated in several national and regional projects.
A Short Research Resume (since 2001):
In 2001 Dr. Ibeas joined the control systems group at University of the Basque Country, Spain. He started working on multiestimation-based adaptive control schemes for discrete-time systems. Later, he joined the CEIT research center in San Sebastián (Spain) to work on teleoperation of robotic manipulators. He completed the PhD thesis at the University of the Basque Country with a thesis on the application of multimodel control to discrete-time systems and robotics. In 2005, he joined the Autonomous University of Barcelona as Lecturer where he is currently Associate Professor in Control Systems. Between 2005 and 2011 he worked on the identification and control of time-delayed system through pattern search methods. The application of such methods to delayed systems and Control was pioneering. Since 2011 he has been working on non-conventional applications of control such as to epidemic systems, supply chains and financial systems. In addition, he is working on power control systems and its applications to renewable energy. Dr. Ibeas has been visiting researcher at the University of Strathclyde in Glagow and Jorge Tadeo University in Bogota.
Publications (April 2018):
Number of publications
Web of Science
Five most cited journal publications according to Web of Science (April 2018):
- On a Generalized Time-Varying SEIR Epidemic Model with Mixed Point and Distributed Time-Varying Delays and Combined Regular and Impulsive Vaccination Controls, Advances in Difference Equations, Article ID 281612, 2010. Citations: 43
- On the existence of equilibrium points, boundedness, oscillating behavior and positivity of a SVEIRS epidemic model under constant and impulsive vaccination, Advances in Difference Equations, Article ID 748608, 2011. Citations: 41.
- On the global asymptotic stability of switched linear time-varying systems with constant point delays, Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, Article ID 231710, 2008. Citations: 38.
- Robustly stable multiestimation scheme for adaptive control and identification with model reduction issues, Discrete Dynamics in Nature and Society, pp. 31-67, 2005. Citations: 36.
- Robustly stable adaptive control of a tandem of master–slave robotic manipulators with force reflection by using a multiestimation scheme, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B (Cybernetics), vol. 36, no. 5, pp. 1162-1179, 2006. Citations: 33.